The reopening of air borders is accompanied by a number of additional measures, among others:
1. At the arrival
- temperature control;
- presentation of a negative COVID-19 PCR report less than 72 hours old;
- rapid COVID test as soon as you get off the plane and self-containment proposal with a precise address;
- for those who arrive in Niger without a screening test, they must be tested in Niger at their own expense;
- all positive COVID-19 cases detected on arrival by air will be taken automatically to the care center.
2. At the departur
- presentation of a negative COVID-19 PCR report less than 72 hours old in order to facilitate formalities at destination;
- Tests carried out for departure from Niger will be charged.
The Laboratories and Medical Institutions approved for covid-19 testing in Niger are as follow:
- CERMES (Tel. : 20752040 / 20752045 / 99902458)
- Centre de Santé des Nations-Unies (Tel. : 80086688)
- Centre de Santé du Gouvernement (Tel. : 90323650 / 91311020)
At the Council of Ministers held on September 4th , 2020, measures to fight COVID-19 were supplemented by sanctions. Sanctions against air transport companies and travelers will be applied upon arrival at Niamey International Airport in following cases:
- A fine of 500 euros per traveler is imposed on the company which will have boarded a passenger without a negative COVID-19 PCR test or an invalid negative COVID-19 PCR test, exceeding 72 hours.
- Any foreign traveler who refuses the COVID-19 PCR test at the airport on arrival will be turned back by the same company at their expense.
- Any national traveler who refuses the COVID-19 PCR test at the airport upon arrival will be confined at his expense to a hotel provided for this purpose and his passport will be withheld by the police until the test is carried out.
- Any passenger who has been tested for COVID-19 PCR at the airport will have their passport withheld by police until the result.
Below the Health Guidelines for Air Transport in the Context of COVID-19 can be downloaded